Our signature, 24-Point Comprehensive Home Watch Service to be conducted once, twice or up to four times every month. You choose the comprehensiveness (# of visits per month) and the subscription length, from 1-9 months. Discounts applied to subscriptions of 3 months and longer as shown. In addition, the set up fee of $99 is waived for completed 9 or 12-month subscriptions!
Customizing Your Home Watch Service
Below is a description of our home watch services. You can customize this list and/or add minor conveniences to it, like watering house plants, sweeping off the porch or deck, turning on or off certain interior lights, checking for expired items in the refrigerator, etc.
Our 24-Point Comprehensive Home Watch Service includes:
Home Exterior – 12 Point Inspection
360 inspection around the home and any included outbuildings* to identify potential:
- Safety/security concerns (e.g., open doors/windows or signs of forced entry)
- Significant soil and landscape erosion problems (including driveway)
- Downspout/drainage issues (including clogged or damaged gutters that could lead to ice dams)
- Yard/landscape/vegetation problems (e.g., dead or dying shrubs/trees, etc.)
- Roof/siding/trim problems (as visible from ground) (e.g., shingle damage, limbs, hanging trim/siding)
- Exterior lighting problems/outages
- Insect/pest infestations or potential
- Blockages/obstructions to entrances/exits/walkways (excessive debris,
- Entrance/porch/decking concerns, including broken/loose railings, rot, mildew, other safety issues, etc.
- Downed limbs and weather-related debris and damage
- Check porch/doors/mailbox for notices, papers, mail (discard, store) (forward key items if desired for additional fee)
- *One detached shed/garage (designated by customer) inspection included in above home check (more outbuildings can be added for a small fee)
Home Interior – 12 Point Inspection
A complete inspection inside the home to identify potential:
- Water, mold or mildew problems on interior ceilings/walls/windows/doors
- Insect/pest/rodent infestation or attempted entry
- Signs of unauthorized forced entry/attempts (e.g., attempted break-in, vandalism, etc.)
- Electrical problems related to tripped circuits/GFI receptacles
- Interior lighting and related electronics issues (lights, systems)
- Visual appliance check for power/operation (e.g., refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier/ventilation, hot water heater, if accessible)
- Test each smoke/CO detectors and replace batteries as needed
- Heating and/or AC problems (replace filters when needed w/ customer-provided filters) (Set temp as desired by homeowner)
- Mold and mildew or other discharge problems near appliances (e.g., rust, water/condensation, etc.)
- Broken/faulty/leaking water supply or discharge lines
- Freezing issues/risks related to cold temps
- Windows and doors securely closed/locked
Point to Point will address issues not requiring repair or specialist attention, such as locking unlocked windows or doors, resetting circuit breakers, replace burned out light bulbs, and shutting off water supply for broken/leaking lines. We will also update clocks that need to be reset.
Customers with security systems will have their systems reset upon completion of the inspection.
Point to Point will immediately attempt to notify homeowners of any serious problems and will provide all homeowners with a comprehensive report after each inspection.
Point to Point inspection plans can be customized to each home and additional add-on services are available for pool or boat checks and more. Details and limitations of inspections is provided in our Terms and Conditions/Customer Agreement, to be presented and accepted electronically before checkout.
Want to compare the different plan types and discounts available? See our “Comparing Our Plans” page.