Point to Point Home Services – What We Can and Can’t Do…
We tell all of our customers and prospective customers that our services can be customized to meet the needs of just about any second home owner in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula. We recognize the importance of value and convenience.
For years, we made trips to our second home during the cold months of January and February to check on the house, increase or decrease the thermostat, and to water the palms and other plans that had been brought in for the winter.
In this blog post, we want to share some customizations that we’ve been asked about or experienced that we can incorporate into your home watch plan. We’ll also point out some important things that we cannot do, in light of specialized licensing and credentialing requirements or insurance restrictions. No matter what we do, we’ll always follow the law and the highest moral and professional standards.
Examples of Customized Services That Can Be Added* To Most Home Watch Service Plans
- House Cleaning
- Lawn/Landscaping Care
- Pool/Spa Cleaning (Repair services not available, including opening or closing)
- Mail/Parcel Forwarding
- Clear/Sweep Walkway or Porch
- Spray Weed Killer on Driveway/Walkway Weeds
- Blow Leaves Away from Front of Home
- Water New Landscape Plantings
- Protect Plant from Early/Late Frost
- Replace Accessible Outdoor Light Bulbs
- Post No Hunting/Trespass Signs on Property
- Turn Over Engine on Car Parked at Home (Vehicles Cannot Be Operated)
- Apply Ice Melt to Walkway/Steps
- Clear Stairwell Drain of Leaves/Debris
- Replace/Refill Propane Tank on Gas Grill
- Water House Plants
- Check/Reset Mouse/Other Traps or Bait Stations
- Switch Interior Lights to On/Off or Change Timers
- Turn On/Off Humidifier/De-humidifier
- Close/Open Foundation Vents (if accessible)
- Adjust Thermostat/Settings on Whole House/Attic Fan (if accessible)
- Relocate Canoe/Kayak to Higher Ground
- Pick Up & Ship Small Item (e.g., book) in Home to Homeowner
- Feed the Neighbor’s Cat That Thinks He’s Dining Out at Your House…Every Night
You get the drift at this point….(pun intended!)
Examples of Services that Cannot Be Added or Provided by Point to Point, LLC
- Home Security System Maintenance/Operations/Monitoring
- Alarm Response Services
- Other Home Security or Investigative Services
- Home Inspection Services (we cannot provide written evaluations of any system (including heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical systems, structural components; foundation; roof; masonry structure, exterior and interior components, etc.)). This means that we don’t evaluate a system’s or component’s ability to operate or its health, diagnose specific problems with the system(s), or recommend repair or replacement.
- Home Improvement
- Property Management
- Plumbing or Electrical Services
- Mold/Asbestos Abatement
- Land Surveying/Engineering
- Professional Wrestling (apparently there’s a license for that – who knew?)
- Real Estate Sale or Leasing Services or Negotiations
- Operating or Driving Your Watercraft or Vehicles
- Other Services That Require a License, Certification and/or Specialized Insurance that we don’t currently maintain
If you are in need of any of the services above that we cannot provide, we would be very pleased to refer you to other companies with the required licenses, certifications and insurance. We’ve met some outstanding companies and professionals over the years and we’re always happy to make the connections.
In summary, we are a home watch company providing convenience, peace of mind, home preservation and prevention services for out-of-town homeowners. We are not, and don’t claim to be, is a security company, alarm company, property manager, real estate sales or rental company, home inspectors, investigators, engineers or mechanical or structural tradespersons. Home watch is defined a visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues.
More services will be added in the Spring of 2018. Sign up for our mailing list to receive the announcements.
*While many customizations can be accomplished without additional cost, some customizations will incur additional monthly costs. Call or email us for more information.